The ABTA will have the opportunity be involved in an NTB Project in ASEAN. The ABTA will be involved in the following activities.
• Delivering draft report on automotive sector to the EU Commission on October 18 in Brussels
• Delivering preliminary results on automotive and agrifood at the EU-ASEAN Business Meeting during the ASEAN Leader’s Week in Singapore in early November
• Delivering final report on three sectors in February 2019
• Participation in the stakeholder engagement meeting during the ASEAN Leader’s Week in Singapore in early November
The three sectors of focus include:
• Pharmaceuticals and medical devices
• Automotive and automotive parts
• Agrifood including seafood, biscuits and alcoholic drinks
The scope of the project is limited to the above sectors at this stage. However, the NTBs in these sectors should affect other sectors as well.
In this regard, the Asia Business Trade Association (ABTA) is collecting input from member companies whose industries are not directly relevant to the scope of this phase of the NTB project and we would really appreciate input from all ABTA members.
The ABTA would like to request for inputs, comments and suggestions from ABTA members on the topic of NTBs in ASEAN by October 10th. ABTA team will submit the input to the NTB project team.